Friday 3 July 2009

A normal evening.

We're trying to have a normal evening, inspired by Don, who has gone to the cinema with a bunch of his 'normal' (a.k.a Boring) friends from his college, having said:

'Look, this world of yours is cool, and so much more exciting than mine, but, I need some normal time. I'm going to go to the cinema with some of my Hills friends, from sixth form, you know, the ones I was hanging out with when you Long Road people were under attack from that Sylar bloke and having adventures without me? I'm going to the cinema on Hill's road, near my college, to hang out with my normal friends. I need some time away from powers, and bad guys, and explosions and time travel. You know where I'll be if you need me, but really, I just want this evening to be uneventful, and spent away from all of this, ok?'

I tried to persuade him that we can't hide from this, even though he has no real ability of his own he's part of this now, and a normal life is impossible. 'We've all tried.' said Doolittle sadly. 'We all tried to go back to our normal lives, even before we had powers. Before I had omnilingualism, I tried to go back to everyday life. But we'd all been there with Precog and Tempest when Sylar attacked, we all wanted to help, we helped hide their powers, we met Tempest's cousins, we joined in looking for others with powers, we got in too deep. Don't get me wrong, this DID ruin my everyday life, but I wouldn't change it for the world. We can never have a normal life, Don, whether we like it or not. I miss the boring days, but I chose to become a part of this and love every second of it. You chose to join in the second you starting fighting leech.'

'You're wrong. I don't want out of this, I just want an evening off.' I'll be back thinking about that phial and punching people tomorrow.'

We finally persuaded him to take the ring, just in case, but he seemed annoyed. I heard Precog sigh and saw him watch sadly as Don left.

So Precog is helping Diffy do some drawing, Tinlge is doing a crossword, I'm here on the computer, Healthbar's gaming, we're all just being normal. For a bit. It feels nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment