Saturday 3 October 2009

Doolittle asks a favour of Cleo, and a cup melts.

Don had been around for a few days as a spirity-ghost type thing (Not sure exactly how to describe what he had become) and we had discovered that he had to kind of 'latch' himself on to Cleo, Healthbar, or Tildy almost all the time in order to stay around properly. If he strayed too far any of them for more than a couple of minutes he would begin to fade rapidly into nothingness, and at least two of them would have to go to his aid and firm him up a bit. about a week after they'd brought him back, Cleo, who'd been boosting his Aura, asked him to float over to Tildy and stay with her for a bit. As he floated off I saw Cleo go over to Doolittle. Doolittle looked curious and Cleo said 'That's quite an idea. I'll help if I can. Don't look so surprised, Playwrite let me into the little barrier thing you guys have, we all trust each other. I don't listen in, but I pick up if anybody says my name in their head, which you did. I don't have that ability, but there's a really annoying man in Oxford who does. I never saw the point in taking it, but I think you could make good use of it. We'll make a couple of stops on the way back so you can stock up, and who knows, maybe we could trash some Oxford buildings while we're there? I know about the Cambridge and Oxford feud, and having been to both, you lot win. Cambridge is Better. Oxford's just trying to copy you really. Let's go.

Doolittle waved goodbye and grabbed Cleo's hand, and they sped off at superspeed. Nothing much happened for a few of hours, Don had an hour or two of clarity where he was almost his old self, apart from being see-through and bobbing between two and three feet of the floor, of course, and started up a bit of a self defense class for Tingle and Precog, as they didn't have very battle friendly abilities. Diffy joined in, and was actually a really fast learner, even though he fell over twice. Don deteriorated after a while and had to stop, so Tildy and Healthbar tried to help him while Diffy did some worksheets and Precog and Tingle went to work on trying to help Omni. a little later there was a whirling noise and a blur span into the room. It slowed to reveal Doolittle, who span to a stop, and stared round at us all. She was now wearing a locket with a small hole at the top, and a belt bag. She collapsed onto the floor and looked at us, panicked. 'Cleo....sent me back here...not sure how....but on the way back we met Don..sorry, Don's body and that thing the Fates are controlling him with, and she started to go crazy, but she managed to send me back here first.'
Cleo rushed in half an hour later, with a bleeding lip and a torn sleeve, Healthbar healed her while she muttered something about 'find that cheerleader' and she kept glowing, blurring and sending telepathic yells through our heads, as well as fire, ice and electricity shooting all over her body. I went to hand her a plastic beaker of water to cool her down, and heard Precog gasp and felt him reach out to stop me, but Cleo grabbed it with a grateful smile. 'Thanks. Don turned up, and my powers went crazy. I became solid Ice, and summoned fire all around me and started melting myself, and shattered with TK, and so many things. And I know Don's spirit isn't in his body anymore, but it remembers the moves. If I hadn't got those extra ones off Chan there's no way I'd have got free. BUt I found out why you can't always think straight or remember things, Don, your spirit isn't whole because you're still alive, so you can't leave your body properly. That thing has part of you in it, despite our efforts-oops! Sorry! My powers are still a bit crazy from the fight.'
There had been a hissing noise and the beaker had melted in her hand, falling to the floor as a steaming puddle of molten plastic. 'It is nearly time, but there is so much still to do!' yelled Precog, and ran from the room, and we noticed that the bit of wall he'd been leaning on was no longer clear: it showed three small pictures and a few words: A picture of a glass, a picture of a puddle, and a small book, titled 'For those who need guidance.' The words scattered around the pictures were 'Beaker', 'Cliff', 'Dragon', 'Omni', 'Prophecy can't be fought' and 'Immunity hid the Truth'
'Precog looks unhappy and sad.' said Diffy.

'Precog later, my news gets worse. Evil Don is on his way.' said Cleo.

No comments:

Post a Comment