Wednesday 2 February 2011

Another very weird rescue......

Hey, another quick update to let you know how it's going.
We've got Tingle, and someone else, and met a new friend. Well, new to me at least.

Tingle was underground, in what was left of New York. It took a while to fly there, I can only carry three humans and a centaur across an ocean so fast.

Inside the facility, Tingle's body was encased in a metal box, with his head sticking out of the top, with a metal band round his forehead, with wires flowing from it. His eyes were glowing black, and he mumbled incoherently as a stream of data and images scrolled by on a screen.

I ran to him, putting forcefields up round everyone as guards appeared, guns raised.
Disaster. These guns shot pellets of energy that hit hard at the forcefields, making me stumble as I fought to hold them up.

I knocked three guards over with a huge gust of wind, and heard drumbeats as Broadcast raised his arms. I saw Centaur's right arm morph into a scorpion's tail and plunge into the shoulder of a guard, who collapsed. FDiffy became huge and hulk-like, and guards ran from his swiping hands. I made it to Tingle, and as Hana got to work on the power patch, I pushed through the metal box, phasing Tingle out of the other side.
A bullet of energy smashed through the forcefield round FDiffy, and another hit him in the chest. His hulkish form flickered and died, and he fell to the floor. More forcefields shattered, causing ripples of pain through my head. I staggered, clutching my head as I went round the box to get Tingle.
Centaur leapt infront of Broadcast as a laser blast flew at him. It hit him in the shoulder and he crashed to the floor. Broadcast, looking angry, dived behind a protruding vent. The drums faded, and violin music filled the air. I swept my hand to make another forcefield as the guards fired at me, and another ripple of agony tore through my brain as they destroyed it. I tried to shelter Tingle as the guards ran forward, but I couldn't concentrate on my powers with such a throbbing pain in my head.
But the guards were slowing down. Tears were springing to their eyes, and they were going limp. Broadcast stood up from behind the vent, miming violin playing (Air-violin? Like Air-guitar? Meh.) and swept forwards into the middle of the room. He played a slow, sad tune, causing the guards to sink to the floor. The air was filled sorrow, and I started to feel cold, as if all the happiness was leaking out of me.
'Fingers in ears!' called FDiffy, sitting up with difficulty, blocking out the song with his hands. I stood up and did the same, and tried to pull Tingle. It was too hard. I freed my left hand to try and pull him to his feet, but then the music flooded in, bringing me to tears. The guards were sobbing now, collapsed on the floor, drowning in their own misery. Broadcast suddenly clapped his hands, and something like a sonic boom smacked them in the face, and they all crumpled.
I felt the wave of anguish fading, to be replaced by fear as doors slammed open and HG himself strode in. There was a dull thud as someone landed on the floor near me, and as Centaur charged at HG, FDiffy turned to the newcomer.
'At last! Help T, protecting us has left him weak!'
Someone grabbed my arm as I took hold of Tingle. 'Going my way? One exit, coming up!'
Everything shimmered, and went black.

All I remember next is crashing onto dusty ground. I looked up to see a boy of about 15 looking down at me, grinning. He looked away. You got him! Are the others ok?'
'Just popping back now to get them out.'
I looked round to see who'd spoken. The surprise nearly knocked me out.
'Jump! You're-'
She beamed. 'Saving the world? Yeah. A good friend once told me it kind of goes with the territory for people like us.'
My bruised mind was reeling. 'Who was that?'
She rolled her eyes. 'You. Duh.'
She vanished.

No comments:

Post a Comment