Friday 4 March 2011

Black and White

The black figures advanced towards us across the board as Tingle continued to mastermind our strategy. I 'took' one, by moving to it's square. The shadowy being leapt, as if to struck, and I hit it in the face with fire. It crumbled to wisps of smoke, and vanished.
'They aren't that tough! We can take them!'
I saw FDiffy smile, and noticed a ripple pass over everyone. We were all in white. A thin white ring of crenelations was rotating in the air around my shoulders, Broadcast had a Bishoply hat, Jump and Scorch both had crowns, Centaurs hair was bright white, and he had tall horse ears, and FDiffy himself kept flicking slowly through the entire set.
More smoke men were coming from the booths. They lined up at the edges of the board. Three of the four sides of the board.
'Oh now that's just not Chess!' called FDiffy.
'Then I don't see why we should stick to the rules either.' I commented, blasting in two directions at once.
One figure moved diagonally towards Centaur. 'Help! Tempest? He's going to take me!'
'So? Take him first! This is a game of WAR!'
He nodded, looking determined. He turned round, and, wincing, bracing himself for the worst, kicked out with his back legs as his attacker closed in. There was an explosion of black wisps, and Centaur risked opening an eye. Looking pleased, he snarled at an oncoming assailant, and I saw his arm starting to morph.
Now all we had to do was keep winning until we got to Don. Simple?

No comments:

Post a Comment