Tuesday 22 March 2011

Future Cleo.

So there I was, lost and alone in the wastelands of a broken world, when I suddenly hear a distant rumble. I look around, and notice a cloud of dust on the horizon. I start wandering in that direction, and slowly I can make out the dust has a shadowy blur at it's head. I've just lost sight of the dust cloud behind the remains of a building when I notice there's a helicopter pursuing it. I'm almost at the building, and the rumble has grown to a loud 'BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR' when I hear someone yell 'Forcefield!' Without thinking I put up a forcefield as a huge explosion rocks the building, blasting a hole in the back wall. Coughing at the huge cloud of dust it had made, I looked up to see a figure speeding through the hole. A woman, late twenties, with long black hair and dark shades. She was on a motorbike, that had some sort of rapid fire gun attached to the handlebars, missile launchers attached to each side, and various buttons, switches and a miniature screen. As it shot past, I was grabbed, and felt myself pulled onboard. 'They're nearly overhead! Quick, spark the exhaust!' 'I...What?' 'Well I can't reach round you with the lighter, can I? Fire. Exhaust. Now.' This wasn't a time to argue. I sent a small flame at the exhaust pipe of the bike. Strangely, it wasn't sending out thick, visible smoke, like normal ones did. The flame hit whatever was propelling us forwards, and at once something like a bunsen burner flame burst into life at the end of pipe, but bigger. A huge cone of blue fire exploded into life, and I had to grab desperately at the woman's black jacket to avoid falling off. We tore across the wasteland, yelling over the noise of the bike, and the helicopter. 'So Tempest, nice to see you're back at last! Where did you go off to for all these years?' 'Um, no, I'm Tempest from the past. I have no idea where current me is.' 'You're from...Oh great. There's been a rumour going round that Diffy got backup from another time. So you won't know anything that's been happening.' 'Nope, very little idea. I'm picking up bits and pieces, but Diffy refuses to tell me too much because of spoilers. It's actually rather unhelpful.' 'Screw spoilers! Here's the situation-' BOOM! A huge explosion behind us sent the bike flying into the air. We clung on desperately, and the woman grabbed a grenade from a clip, pulled the pin out, and lobbed it over our shoulders. Whatever had fired at us blew up, pushing us onwards through the air. 'Look, sorry, but, Who are you?' 'Guess!' 'Well, the only person I can think of is Cleo?' 'Bingo!' We slammed onto the ground again, and roared onwards, trying to outrun the wall of fire caused by the explosions. 'But, then, why don't you just use your powers? You had loads in my time, you must have hundreds by now!' 'Nope. Not a single power.' 'What?!' 'Long story. I don't even have my Aura Absorption. I only found you because this screen is an equinox power radar. Only a few people have a pulse like yours.' 'Wow, I'm so sorry. You seen to be coping though.' 'Yeah, I'm doing alright. As I say, I picked you up on the radar, and figured you needed a hand. Where are we going?' 'What? Oh, uh, the old base? Might see if there's anything else useful there before meeting up with the others.' 'OK, off we go! Speaking of the base, have you seen the message Glutton left you?' 'No? What message?' 'Oh of course, you can't read the blogs since the power went down. Well then. we have some clue hunting to do!' More soon, I'm off on a clue hunt, apparently. Glutton, if you're still alive, and you read this, thank you for leaving us a clue, thank you for all your brave work, and don't worry, I will avenge you.

No comments:

Post a Comment