Monday 4 May 2009

Tingle gets in touch

I feel that before I begin this post properly, I should explain the latest on some of the people we've met recently, because I've just stopped writing about them, and it might be a bit confusing:

Arthur Dowland: The kid who could ignite things. He went home to his mum and dad, after I wiped him from any government records that could put him and his family in danger. There had been some incidents when he first manifested, but I've made sure that as far as the rest of the world is concerned, he's just a normal teenager. He promised to help if we need it again.

Evan: Has gone home to his family. Same thing as Arthur.

Justin: Cleo's smoky friend. We decided it was best if he didn't try talking to her just yet, we needed to make sure she wouldn't kill him. We sent him back with Shifter, inside his lamp, and she said she'd look after him. He's probably still with her belongings at TP, now that she's dead.

The people we rescued from B26: Other than Molly of course. The three other people that came back with us, we helped the green lady with the panic attack calm down, and they all left. I think the young guy, about Cleo's age, who'd had his powers taken, was heading to join TP, so he'll probably turn up there eventually. Not sure where the others went, but they left.

Penfriends: Double and Broadcast are still with us, they stayed to help, but Freezeframe and Shockwave went back home, but promised to keep in touch and come back if they were needed.


Ok, on to me:
so Damian took me and Precog back to DC, and Precog showed us the room. It was just, white. There was nothing there. It went on forever. I flew into it for about Ten minutes, at top speed, and met nothing. No obstacles, walls, turbulence, nothing. I turned back and couldn't even see the door anymore.I turned straight round, hoping that was still the right direction, but too unsure too move, until I saw a red line of light steak past me, a bit off straight, making a thin line of red in the air. I followed it back to find Damian holding a very powerful laser pointer he'd TFP'd, showing me the right way back. After thanking him, he said he had to go, he had things he urgently needed to sort out, and could we fly back. Realizing we shouldn't just make Damian some sort of pack mule, I apologised for getting him to teleport for us all the time, and he said it was fine and left. Precog tried to get a reading off the void for a drawing, but there was nothing. No sign of Tingle, or of the room. It defied nature. The white void went on forever, but we could see the walls of the room forom the outside.

Then I got a strange call from Cleo, she sounded stressed, and I didn't quite catch what she was saying, but I had to hang up when there was a large crash from a few corridors away. Hana said she'd work on slowing it down and clearing up the reception abit, and play it back to me later.

Then we heard people round the corner, and a deep voice saying 'Tempest, Precog, I know you're here. I believe you know my friend John, and I know you know Cleo. She must have nobody to help her, and we're starting with you. Your powers are blocked, there is no escape. It is time for you to die.' We hid in the void, because Precog said he'd check my room first. It saved our lives. We weren't standing on anything, but we didn't fall. It was like floating, but without the sense of weightlessness. We discovered that our powers worked again, so I made a forcefield just in case. I tried phoning Cleo, and then Damian, but there was no signal, and Hana was nowhere to be seen. We could hear Howard and John on the other side of the door. Howard said he couldn't sense us anymore, John accused him of not blocking our powers, Howard shouted back that he had and he didn't know what happened, they went and checked my room, and were about to check the void one when a maid came round the corner to change the sheets in my room. I didn't hear anything for a few seconds, but then there was a horrible cracking noise, and a dull thud of a body falling to the floor. Then they came back to the door. So we did the oldest trick in the book, and hid behind the door. They stormed in, and my forcefield went out. They wandered forwards, in shock, and we just had time to hear Howard say 'They must be here. Whatever this is, I didn't detect it. Perfect hiding place.' as we snuck behind them and through the door. As we got out, Howard yelled 'Wait! I can sense them now!' and turned to us, just in time for us to slam the door. Our powers came back on, and Hana reappeared on my phone, so I held the door shut with a wall of rock, covered in Ice, and a forcefield, while I frantically called people. Cleo and Damian were both unreachable, but I got through to Jorge, who seemed the next best choice to help. There was a loud noise were he was, so I couldn't hear very well, but I shouted the situation, and explained that we couldn't just fly off because they'd follow us. 'Damian's with me now!' he called, and there was a yell in the background, and a low booming sound. 'His phone's been shattered, I'll fix it later, We can't come and get you, but I can give you this.' I heard a gasp as Precog caught something that appeared in front of him. 'I just made it. Push the button to stick it to a surface, and then turn it like a normal one. I would just teleport you, but this is re-usable without mine or Damian's help. It only works on places you know and have visited before.' I turned to Precog, and he showed me a golden doorknob, like you'd find in old houses. I relayed the instructions, and he stuck it to the wall next opposite, next to the door to my room. He pushed the button, and the doorknob stuck to the wall. He turned it, and part of the wall swung inwards to show the VHS Base, and several surprised faces. Precog ran through, and held it open for me, as I kept my barriers in place as long as I could, sweating with effort, and made it through just as I could hold them no more. Precog removed the doorknob and swung the wall shut in two angry and surprised faces. 'Your warping ability is awesome, you know that?' I said down the phone. 'Thanks' said Jorge, and he sounded in pain. 'Need any help?' I asked, and got shouted at at desperately. 'NO! Don't come here. None of you. No matter what. Listen to me. Jorgia is back, Tempest. She dissappeared in Paris, remember? She's back, and angry.' and then he hung up. Or his phone got destroyed. The line went dead anyway.

We explained everything to the others, and were just about to go check my machines for signs of Tingle, when he made contact. Everyone in the room cried out suddenly, as our powers surged on their own, bringing us all to our knees, screaming. I clutched my head, strings of binary running through my mind as my Technopathy went crazy. This had never happened before, and it scared me. I could just make out Precog's hands glowing as words appeared everywhere, he was imprinting on everything he could find, I was making everything technical go haywire, Everyone's phones went off and the computer alerted us to email as Hana went nuts, Healthbar was shining bright white, a concentrated beam of sunlight scorching the walls, noise exploded around us from Broadcast, Double was replicating Anything of Tingle's within reach, Diffy made an image of Tingle appear, speaking words we couldn't hear over the noise, but Playwrite was beaming the same thing into our minds, over and over again, as Doolittle yelled it in different languages, constantly changing. I noticed Broadcast was emitting several songs at once, all overlapping, like 'I'm still standing', 'S.O.S', all things to do with being alive, and wanting help, and warning and danger. As we all calmed down, our powers dying down, we all looked up. One message had been imprinted on paper, texted to phones, emailed hundreds of times, scorched into the walls, imprinted on piles of paper and the surrounding floor, scrolled across the TV, telepathed into our minds and was now being spoken by Diffy's fake Tingle:

I am safe. They are teaming against us. The apocalypse must be stopped. Go to Zodiac. Tingle.

'You heard him.' I said, staring to clear up while wondering how it even happened. 'It's time me and Precog filled the rest of you in. We're going to meet some old friends.'

No comments:

Post a Comment