Sunday 21 June 2009

Escape?

I forgot to tell you something a couple of letters ago, before we were warped back here my Terrakinesis/Plant control had begun to come back, as had my forcefields.

So Healthbar explained that she had quite alot of solar energy left, but not for any big things.
'That's ok, we only need a few minutes.' said Cleo, and explained that if we could reverse time to when the void opened again, at least a few of us should be able to escape. Don and Stan, as the non-powered, and therefore free people, seemed the obvious choice, but Don refused to leave.

'Fine, I suppose it could be useful having one of you free around here.' said Cleo, slightly annoyed, but we agreed just Stan should go back. The next question was, how could Healthbar use her ability properly? With effort, Cleo managed to raise my staff (Which had fallen on the floor) a few inches into the air, I could phase a couple of inches in any direction, Diffy made a basic swirling cloud of colour, but no definite object, things like that. 'I won't be able to do much like this.' said Healthbar sadly. 'And the longer we try, the further away the portal gets.'

'Hang on' said Cleo, and screwed her eyes up concentrating. A lone red spark flew from her finger, and sank deep into Healthbar's arm. Cleo opened her eyes and slumped, panting, looking worn out, as Healthbar, temporarily at full strength, rewound time as fast as she could. 'The void started to open again, no more than about the size of a plate, but it grew until it was about the size of a large porthole. Time froze, and Healthbar's nose started to bleed. 'Stan, I can't hold the sun still much longer, will you please just RUN!'
Stan ran towards it, and with a telekinetic shove from Cleo, he flew through the gap, into whiteness. Healthbar gasped loudly, as if in pain, and time shot back to the present, with everything as it had been, but for the absence of Stan. 'He'll get help, trust me.' said Sam, who looked relieved that Healthbar and Cleo were ok.

After that we were stuck again. Don noticed a sort of opening in the ceiling, a natural vent in the rock I suppose, but it was impossible to get to. 'I wish we'd brought those shoes now.' said Pete, smiling sadly at me.
'What shoes?' asked Gravity.
'An experiment of mine and Tempest's back when we first set out collecting powers. I'm sure Cleo told you about him and me doing that? Well, we tried putting some powers in objects, like gadgets or something, like when we put John's powers in a box recently, only he regenerated them. OH MY GOD THE BOX!!!'
He frantically stared feeling down towards his pocket, trying to get inbetween the loops of rock. 'Tingle...yougave it..back to me...afterwards...oh come ON, you stupid thing!....it's still...in my pocket....nearly, nearly....a blast from that should....nyuh....break these loops....damn.'
He straightened up. 'I can't reach it. Anyway, one of our experiments was putting a wall crawling ability into a pair of trainers, but you couldn't really wear them anywhere else, because they were ONLY good on walls, they kept sticking to the floor to. That's what that big chest is in the base. I vault of experiments that failed, or just weren't as good as something else we came up with.'

Don was going over to Pete to try and get the box from his pocket, when three things happened, at the same time. There was an explosion above us, and a part of the wall fell in, narrowly avoiding us. A voice cried out: 'Be sad no more! I am 'The Eye' and me and my crew shall free you all!' and Don, caught in the blast, was thrown across the cavern, landing hard in a dark corner. He got up, and in the silence that followed the explosion, he called out, 'Ow! My left ankle's hurt. People, if any running happens, I'm going to need to be carried!' Then he looked round him and called out again 'Hey! There's some sort of door here! I didn't notice before because it looks like the rock. It says 'For further observation: Re-enter the world?''

We saw him open the door, and start to describe the interior, but a bright glow of yellow struck him in the chest, he gave a yell of surprise and pain, and collapsed, as more explosions began around us. People descended from the ceiling, and got to work on our rocky bindings. 'The Eye' had arrived.

More on who they are next letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment