Friday 20 March 2009

Building 26: the Aftermath

So this was the situation: I'm shattered and ill from over-exertion with my powers from flying everyone back to base from Building 26 in america, Playwrite's exhausted from keeping Aron alive by force, Tingle is distressed he wasn't able to stop John and Aron from the start, Healthbar's unconsious from heavy healing, Aron's unconsious and seriously injured because Healthbar couldn't heal him completly in one go, but he'll live, Damian was in floods of tears for an at the time unknown reason, John was missing and Diffy was unhappy because all his friends were miserable. We left Aron and Healthbar to recover, and found Damian in the room we put them in. I decided to leave him to recover a bit before questioning him, but I wish I hadn't....



We left the three of them and made sure Evan was ok, we hadn't really been able to look after him since we found Aron, and he was a bit flustered at this turn of events. He assured us he was physically ok, and thanked us for getting him out, but said he couldn't deal with being on a team like this just yet. He gave us his phone number, and told us to call if we wanted his help, and Playwrite offered him a kind of apprenticeship, with lessons and tutoring on Telepathy if he wanted them. He set off to hide, and we advised him not to go home or anywhere he can normally be found for his own safety. After that, we sat in the abandoned shop part of the base and had a proper rest.

I woke suddenly, as did everyone else, to the sound of screaming, just as Precog and Doolittle came in to see how the rescue had gone. We rushed up to the flat above the shop, and found Healthbar almost dead, screaming from burns, and what looked like broken fingers and arms. I told Precog to get Diffy out of the base, he's too young for anything like that. I made sure Precog had got him out to take him to the park, but he was still asking about 'Healthy' (as he calls her, he calls me Tempust, he's still not great with long words) and why she wasn't moving, it was awful. There was no sign of Aron or Damian, except a small sprinkling of dust Doolittle found in a corner. Playwrite experimented going into Healthbar's head and getting her power to turn in on itself, and heal her. He managed for about half a minute, but it happened very slowly, and he fell back, crying out and landing on the floor. He's had a headache for about three days now, but his powers are returning. He managed to make her heal herself a bit, the broken arm is only fractured now as far as I can tell, and most of her fingers are better, we think she might lose one though, and some of the burning's gone down, but she's still in very bad shape. She has bruises on her neck and still has burns and something like frostbite and cuts and bruises and things, but she'll live, and I'll kill anyone who hurts her again, or any member of my team. I mean that. They will be shocked, burnt, frozen, drowned, persuaded to stab themselves, attacked by my Forcefield bubbles, and buried alive. I'm pissed now. I know it wasn't Damian's fault, but John WILL suffer. I swear it.

So, Healthbar told us everything that had happened, what Damian had told her and what he'd done, it took about an hour and a half she was so weak, she kept nearly passing out, and if we take her to a hospital, they'll find out about us and we're all doomed, but I don't care. If I have to, then I will.

Anyway, I came on here and found Damian's post which confirmed my theory of Damian's innocence, and now we're hunting John. I think that's it, I keep thinking I forgot to tell you guys something, I'll post it if I remember, keep watching this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment