Sunday 22 March 2009

Talking in code

Make sure you read Cleo's 'Refugee blog and my comment on it and Damian's 'Deceived' blog before this one, or it won't make sense.

Well, the commotion downstairs was because of West. He was stumbling around downstairs, mumbling while Playwrite and Tingle looked at him, concentrating. I told them that John was dead and that must be why West was here, but Playwrite just looked at me and grimaced. 'No he's not' he said, frowning 'He's weak at the moment, he's just done something straining or he's injured, but his power is definately still in there' he nodded at West's head. 'I'm helping him to fight it, but John seems to be recovering' West turned to me, nearly tripping over Doolittle's rat (I know, weird, but he was there when we moved in, and she has omnilingualism) and his eyes faded from a dull bronze to a more normal tone, for just a second. 'Save...your friend...Pete...I have to...don't want to...take him...John...Help...me' And with that, Playwrite groaned as his nose started bleeding, Tingle turned to me and said 'Whatever that meant, it's true' and West went bronze-eyed again and flew out of the shop.

It wasn't very hard to work out what he meant, and now at least we had more of an idea of what was happening, and we knew where our priorities lay.

Later, Diffy, Healthbar, and Precog turned up, and said Precog had something important to show me. He took out a pictue of three people in a small hut,and told me that this had already happened, but he knew it was one of five important stages in the fight against John.

Lately, Precog's ability has been growing, he knows more about his painting's than he used too, he KNEW there four more in this 'set', don't ask me how!

Anyway, we sat to down to watch as he drew the rest, (It should be noted at this point that Playwrite left to find Doolittle, she was out with some cats she'd befriended, but Precog wanted her to be there) and he'd just come out from doing the first one when Damian turned up. This is where he comes in so I'll assume you read his bit.


*DECIEVED*

So I realized: Playwrite and Doolittle are our only hope. they haven't been got yet. I knew I couldn't see them face to face, because then John's control would force us to force them away from him, so I had to think. I found Doolittle's rat, who was hiding in a corner but had seen all the events of the last hour, and tied a note to him with string, saying, 'Get Playwrite to do the memory translation thing'. Now this is not in any way mentioning John, and I won't see them, so I think it should be ok, I didn't feel strange while I did it, apart from placing most of my hopes on a rat, obviously!

The memory translation thing is something Doolittle and Playwrite have been practising for a while. Playwrite reads an animals mind and veiws a memory, and sends it to Doolittle's mind, where she can translate what's being said from animal to human. They'd even managed to read old human conversations a couple of times, by Doolittle translating how an animal hears english into proper words. I was hoping they could be caught up like this, but I had a back up plan.

There are three lights in the main shop part of the base, and we set up a basic code for each of them, and two lights on means be careful, and check before coming in. This means different actions for each of us, but for Playwrite, it meant telepathically scanning the base to see who's inside and what's happening, so we all sat on the top floor, while I thought the situation and a basic plan of action in a loop in my head. You can see the lights on before actually entering the base, so I won't even hear them come in! We decided none of us should leave yet, because we couldn't afford to meet them by accident, whereas Playwrite would be able to keep himself and Doolittle away from base when he read me. I'll explain the ideas I sent him to you when I can, I need to make sure they're working first. I knew Playwrite couldn't open a telepathic link with any of us to tallk, because that would mean we were chatting and I'd have to stop him getting involved, but the one thing nobody can stop you doing is thinking, and one way communication should work. I got a note from a cat's collar from Doolittle later saying 'We're hiding, it's ok you don't know where we are, you won't be able to find us' and I read it out loud and who it was from so that Tingle could confirm it was genuine.

So there you are, that's the situation, Playwrite and Doolittle are the last fighters against John at the moment, I'll post more about this as it develops, watch this space!

3 comments:

  1. I think we need more power. Playwrite is strong, but Doolittle simply talks to animals. Tell them to make allies, as many as possible. Strong ones at that. I have on my iPhone a couple of lists of EHs, some from Dr.Chandra Suresh's research, and a bit from hacking into Building 26.
    I recommened those with Pyrokinesis, Radiation Manipulation, Phasing, Mental Manipulation and "Mind Bullets" [what ever that is]

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree. and i think i just saw west, he was talking to charlie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doolittle can talk to ANYONE, she just mostly uses it for animals. She has Omnilingualism, like the traveller you met. And don't mock animals, she has friends at a zoo that are elephants, tigers, lions, allsorts. Playwrite is going to call Evan, with him doing the telepathy boost thing they did when we were saving Aron, then Playwrite actually stands a chance against John. I've blocked this blog from John and his lackies by the way, he can't read this.

    ReplyDelete