Friday 27 March 2009

The Building 26 Rescue

Damian's still with his mum, so I thought I'd tell you how the trip went, because Diffy left some details out (Because I didn't tell him everything):


Ok, so, as Diffy explained to you, we all got back from B26 ok, well, alive, and we managed to save four people, they were the only ones we could find, there were some empty beds so I think REBEL must have helped some people too.



We got in ok, floating over the guards heads and phasing down into an abandoned room, the heat lamp one, and we made our way to a large area that Playwrite said everyone was being held drugged in. We got there and there were at least four empty beds, maybe more, one of them had a slight blood stain on it so I hope whoever used to be there is ok. There were three other people in the room, so we unplugged them all and Tingle explained the situation to them and made sure they were genuine prisoners, while Playwrite kept us undiscovered. Healthbar noticed that one of the ladies was bleeding badly, so she healed her and we discovered she was Damian's Mum! We'd found her! Healthbar went round the rest and healed their minor injuries, and then she and I went to check a couple of rooms nearby for other people. I wish we'd had Playwrite with us. In a room just round the corner (All the patrolling guards were ignoring us thanks to Playwrite, but that was it) we found a girl, a few years younger than us, about thirteen, connected to a drug shunt and being interrogated by a soldier. He was telling her that if she agreed to help them find the other specials, they'd spare her. We came up behind him, and said 'We'll here's two of them!' and Forcefield punched him, knocking him to the floor, and I erupted a small tree from underneath the concrete floor, smashing through and entangling him in it's branches. Healthbar healed the girl, and she told us her name was Molly, while I undid the drug shunt. Then there was a loud bang, and Healthbar screamed. She'd stepped in front of me and Molly, and there was a bleeding hole in the lower part of her chest. The soldier had brought out a gun and managed to fight the tree enough to get a good shot. 'Healthbar!' I screamed, as she collapsed to the floor, while Molly looked on shocked, muttering something, it sounded like 'Why does everyone that helps me get shot?'. 'You're going to be ok, right?' the soldier raised his gun again, but a grabbed it in a forcefield and threw in into a corner.


I was really angry now, and I did something that I'm now wondering was wrong, but she had to live. I told Molly 'Go round the corner from this room and through the door on your left. Our friends are there. We'll be fine, we'll be along in a minute. Run!' She looked worried, but she went. Then I gave Healthbar the soldier. I did. I still can't believe it, but I made my tree dump him in front of her, and told Healthbar to heal herself. 'Just take enough to live, don't kill him, but please live, you have to!' She looked at me strangely, but she did it. She reached out and grabbed his arm, and he screamed, as the black fog stuff sliced his arms broke his bones. The bullet shot out of her chest, lodging itself in the wall. The hole in her chest got smaller, and the soldier looked like he was about to die. This had gone too far. 'STOP!' I used full force persuasion on her, I refused to let her kill someone, especially as it was my fault she was using this power. She stopped draining him, and stood up, her wound still quite large, but much more manageable. I looked down at the guard. I doubted he'd ever walk again, but his basic wounds would heal well enough. We left the room, and made our way back to the others. Healthbar was quiet now, her face darker, the change in her more prominent than ever. We entered the room with the beds again, and Playwrite was staring at us. I knew he knew everything. He turned away and carried on explaining to everyone about how we'd leave. I wanted to help Healthbar, but there wasn't time. Playwrite had found the room with the files in a guards head, so we all went up to destroy our files, and those of our new friends. There were seven research type people in there, and Playwrite sent them out to the corridor while we went through, and Playwrite had to stop anyone coming in, which became increasingly hard when the researchers were discovered and more and more people were trying to reach us. Everyone gathered our files, and I set them on fire, containing them in a Forcefield until they were ash, and I used technopathy to destroy ALL their computer files. It would have been nice to destroy ALL the paper files, but by the time our files had burnt Playwrite was nearly unconscious, holding back all the guards, researchers and soldiers. I picked us all up in a forcefield as he collapsed, and the door flew open, and they all piled in.


We shot up through the ceiling, and set off for home. Playwrite woke up after a few minutes, and used his skills to keep everyone calm, as this sort of flight is strange if you're not used to it. We managed to have quite a good chat with each of them, and found out what each of them wanted to do now. He also tried to dampen Healthbar's darkness, because she was looking from her wound to all of us with interest. With his help, she managed to calm down, and look around a bit confused, as if she didn't quite remember the last few minutes.
The Lady that wasn't Damian's mum was the worst passenger I've ever had, she looked ill, and as we flew over the english coast she started to glow green and collapsed. She sneezed, and the Forcefield shook, I could barely hold it! I got us back as fast as I could, and we landed at the base. We carried her in, and Diffy looked scared at the sight of Healthbar, so I told him to update you guys on our progress.


I left the others to help our new friends, and turned to the important matter of helping Healthbar. I knew that healing people didn't harm her, just wear her out after a while, but it made her glow and feel really good, so I had an idea. I took her to a separate room, after asking Broadcast to make it soundproof. 'Take what you need from me.'I told her, gripping her shoulders and staring into her eyes. 'Take what you need to finish healing yourself from me' I didn't use persuasion, I hate doing it, I've learned to only use it as a last resort, but she didn't need persuading. She looked a little scared at using her power again, but she grabbed my hands. The pain was instantly unbearable, black fog racing over my body. I screamed, and my arms and legs were slashed open, and I fell to the floor as my left leg was forcibly broken. It felt like I was going to die, she knelt with me, our hands clasped, as her wound healed slowly, so slowly, and I kept dying.


My other leg snapped, and my right arm, and I felt like death was inches away, the pain was unbearable, I was being killed by one of my best friends....


And then it stopped. She let go, and I collapsed, lying on the floor, the pain now just a dull, throbbing agony, and looked up at her. Her wound was completely healed, but she looked half dead. It was strange to see her look so ill, BECAUSE she was fully healed. 'Now heal me...'I whispered, my strength failing, hoping my theory was right. Healthbar looked confused, torn between the darkness, now stronger than ever, and her friend. 'Please...heal me..for both our sakes...' I could barely get the words out, but I saw her frown, and she closed her dark eyes and shook her head, and opened them again with a determined look, her eyes back to their usual colour, but still a couple of shades too dark. 'Of course I will! Oh my God what happened to you! This was me wasn't it? Bloody Hell you fool!' She knelt down and placed her hands on me, and this time they felt wonderful, a cooling, calming sensation flowing over me as the healing began. 'What were you thinking! This was so dangerous!' She continued to yell at me as my bones clicked back together and the darkness slowly faded from her face. When I was fully restored and the colour had returned to her face, we stood up. There was still a hint of black to her eyes, and she still looked a little pale, but she was smiling again. 'Thank you' we both said at the same time, and laughed. We hugged, she said that I was still stupid for trying it, and we went back to the others. Playwrite was lying down, an icepack on his forehead, but he gave me a nod and a slight grin as we came in. Healthbar healed Jill, calming her so that she could power down and not destroy the base, and she tended to everyone else, even vanquishing Playwrite's headache. The darkness was gone from her face completely now, but I knew it was still there, deep inside her, waiting to suck the health out of another victim, it had just been...beaten, for now.


Damian arrived to see his mum, and I took him to the safehouse. I had to hide the location from him, Only three of us know the way, Playwrite's paranoid about it so he keeps wiping the others minds after they visit, only Me and him know, and Diffy because he threatened to spook Playwrite forever if he even tried to wipe him, and he has one of the strongest minds we've seen, especially for one so young, so it's a very scary threat. Damian's still in their now, his mum looked really serious, they've been there ages, but I'm leaving them to it.


Precog told me he'd been drawing, and showed me some pictures, telling me that we hadn't been followed, and that the others might be in danger, but he warned them on Diffy's post.


I'll post the plan soon, but I thought you'd want me to fill in the gaps in Diffy's tale of our adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment