Tuesday 17 March 2009

Vigilante Helix Squad

Or the 'Vigilante HEroes Living In eXtremes' to state our full name.

Yep, for those of you that don't know, that's our name. I promised I'd tell you how we began, so here it is.

Well, as you know, I've had my powers for years, and I kept wanting to show my friends, but I'd only told my best friend by the time this happened. (You know my best friend as Playwrite)but about a year and a half ago, a friend of mine (Precog) started acting weird. he kept drawing stickmen pictures and ignoring us while he did. It was when he drew one I recognized that worried me. He drew one of a classroom in our school, and a guy in a circle in the air, and a man pointing at his head, and four others huddled on the floor, one of whom was holding a square of paper. It was at that point that a sinister looking man burst into the empty classroom we'd been sitting in. He waved a hand and my four friends (Playwrite, Precog, Doolittle and Tingle) were thrown to the floor. He turned to me and said 'I've come a long way to find you, and now I'm going to take all your powers. I'm afraid it may hurt a little.' I told my friends 'You know I said I had something to show you? Well...' and I made a forcefield round myself and floated into the air. Everyone except Precog was, understandably, very surprised, and the sinister man said 'Oooh, I didn't know you had that one, but I'm going to enjoy it' and tried to slice my head open! I made myself phasable, and I felt something invisible slice through me and scratch the wall. He screamed and cried, 'Fine, maybe you'll surrender if I threaten your pals!' and turned on my friends.
Now this where I created what is now one of my favorite moves. I call it the 'Forcefield to the face!' I created a small forcefield infront of me, and charged it with electricity. Then I moved it by pointing with my finger, and with a sweeping motion, whacked it in Sinister man's face! He screamed in pain as it hit him, and I could see he had a nasty red mark on his cheek as well as having just been electrocuted. I made more, lots, and shot a what looked like a stream of electric bubbles at him, forcing him to cry in pain and back out of the door. I yelled 'LEAVE NOW BEFORE I KILL YOU FOR THREATENING MY FRIENDS WHOEVER YOU ARE YOU SINISTER FREAK!!!' and he legged it, vanishing down the corridor. I decided it was best we leave, as we'd attracted attention, and other kids and some staff were approaching, so I flew us all out the window on an FF platform. I took us back to my house, and explained everything to my friends, showing them my full power range.
Anyway, like Playwrite, they instantly agreed to help me hide, and offered to cover for me when needed, etc, they were so cool. Then we looked back at Precog's drawings and saw that he'd drawn my fight. I told him he must be a Precognate, and helped him improve his skill so he could enter trances at will, and he proved my theory by drawing a bunch of things which we could then prove were true. He was thrilled. The following morning I told Healthbar, who ironically hadn't been in college the previous day because she was ill, and Diffy, who doesn't go to college with us because he's too young, and they joined the others in promising to help. At that point we decided to make a little group.
That's it for about two months, until a girl called daphne found me. She wanted me to go to a place called pinehearst, as her boss had a proposition for me. I thought I might as well check it out. She whizzed me over to america (She's a speedster) and took me to see her boss, a man called Arthur Petrelli. Get this, he's Nathan Petrelli's dad! Anyway, he took me for a tour of his labs, and said that his plan was nearly complete. He showed me these phials, they were being worked on by a scaly man, he looked gross but Arthur said these would give people abilities! I asked if I could have some of them, but he said that unfortunately, they weren't ready to give them to the public yet, and showed me these soldiers he was going to give the formula to. Then he told me 'I have nearly everything I need to make this work, but I think your powers would help.' Then he introduced me to a guy who'd just walked in, saying 'This is knox. He's going to hold you down while I steal your power.' I was terrified at first, he said he'd steal my power, but I felt Knox's grip on me tighten the more scared I felt. I demanded that I be allowed one question which he answer truthfully before I become normal again, and he agreed. I asked 'Is Knox getting stronger because of me?' and Arthur petrelli told me 'Yes, he feeds of his victims to get strength.'. This was enough information for me to fight with. 'I screamed 'I'M NOT SCARED OF YOU!' and meant it, and I felt Knox's grip loosen. I summoned a stormy wind round me, and Knox was thrown across the room. I went for Petrelli, but he shot lightning at me and I realized if I went too close, he'd steal my power, so I just got the hell out of there. I flew in a forcefield, phasing down through the floor and stealing a rack of phials on my way out, and flew home as fast as I could.
So yeah, I gave my friends abilities, and we tested what they were, Diffy noticed his when we discovered that suddenly we could ALL see his imaginary friend, who he'd conjered up, Tingle couldn't notice a difference until Healthbar told him she didn't know where his phone was (she'd 'borrowed' it to play on), She found out by comforting Diffy when he scraped his knee running around with the now visible IF (This is before he redesigned himself), etc.
From then on we've just been laying low, hiding and fighting the government, helping anybody where we can, and yeah, having some fun and personal gain. with it too.
That's pretty much it, we've broken out some captured people before, stopped some robberies, had some fun, made the streets a bit safer, and used our abilities to our own advantage too, but we've been doing ok. Then recently I found this blog and you know the rest. It's where you came in.

No comments:

Post a Comment