Tuesday 31 March 2009

A Run-in with Reality

I've got to make this quick, we're really busy getting ready to go after John, but I have to tell you what happened yesterday afternoon:

So, everyone's in the base, including a lot of Cleo's team, who came to help, and we're studying all the machines I set up for finding John, and Doolittle turns to me, looking worried, and asks me to check something. I leave my machine, and go to look at hers. There's a blip near our base, but it can't tell if it's him or not. Then we hear a voice from all around us.
'Pitiful' it says, sounding smug. 'Did you really think someone with friends like mine could be caught by your pathetic machines?'

And then we're standing on the edge of a very tall cliff, with a solid floor of sharp, vicious rocks surrounded by thundering waves hundreds of feet below. We each in a cage, with out much room to move, and we're all of the very edge of the cliff. A huge, roaring, black Dragon appears, and belches fire on all of us! I try to make a forcefield, but the cage blocks my powers! Diffy looks the same, because it's a passive illusion, but we can't activate any of our powers for something new! We're all really badly burnt, from what I can see, and the voice is laughing. With a swish of it's tail, the Dragon knocks Tingle's cage over the edge, sending him plummeting downwards!

I remember us all yelling, and for some reason, I thought Tingle looked strange. He started to fall, and then landed, in mid-air, crashing onto an area of solid air, as his cage kept going, falling through him, and smashed on the rocks below. Tingle stands, swears at the bruises he got from landing, and walks back up to the cliff, climbing the air like a staircase! I realize what's strange about him. He has no burns. he was hurt by the fall, but the Dragon did nothing. He's fine. And the cage clearly didn't stop him doing whatever it was that was happening. He reaches the clifftop again, and looks at the Dragon. 'You are false to me' he says sternly, like he's telling Diffy off or something 'I suggest you leave' and he walks through the Dragon, which disappears! Tingle's vanished too, but we hear his voice, saying 'Please forgive me, friend of Damian, but I must release you from control' and then something that sounds suspiciously like a punch, a thud, and a muttered swearword from Tingle. The cliff ripples and disappears, and we all turn to grin at Tingle, who is stanging over Jorge's unconscious form, shaking the right hand and clutching it in his left. Physical stuff is not his strong point. I realized that Tingle COULD see through reality warping, and when he was thrown off the cliff, he was actually thrown down the stairs. Don't ask me how he was thrown by a Dragon he was immune too, I guess it took him a little while to work out how to escape the physical elements of the warp, I dunno. There was a scuffling sound, and we turned to see a large leopard sitting on John, with Diffy holding his mouth shut. 'Me and Shifty caught Mr stinky!' He called proudly. Playwrite went to work on John, I went to call Damian, and Healthbar saw to Tingle and Jorge. As soon as he woke up, Jorge looked around worried. 'Watch John carefully, he has a back up...'


BOOM!!!!!


People fly in every direction, cast from John like they were nothing more than toys. there is a flasht of light, lots of smoke, and we hear John running down the stairs. I follow him out and just get there in time to see a speck vanishing into the distance. John got another flyer under his control. Damn. I don't know he did to escape, but Precog has said that it wasn't a power he had. Precog and Omni both say he's waiting for Damian, and is determined to have him as his first victim, so that's good. Sort of.

Jorge set off, wanting to find Damian, and hoping to get in touch with REBEL, who'd contacted him a while ago.

Anyway, this is an alert. Meet us on the top of the Eiffel Tower. As soon as you can, Playwrite says John was heading for Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment