Wednesday 1 April 2009

Paris of Doom

So, EVERYONE came to Paris, even Techpower's receptionist and normals. We're all on the top of the Eiffel Tower, on the observation deck, which Playwrite convinced the attendant to close. We're waiting for Damian and Jorge, so I can explain exactly where John is, but they're running late. Suddenly Jorge appears in the room, along with someone else crouching down who I can't see properly. 'John took Damian' Jorge pants desperately, willing us to understand the urgency in his voice, which, thanks to his Telepathy, we all do. 'He just swooped down and took him! I tried to follow but something was blocking me, I think he has that too!' We all stare at Jorge, aghast. 'I met this kid on the way up, says he's looking for you?' The other boy stands up, and I recognize him as Double, wearing a sort of toga he clearly made out of a bin bag. We let him clone some clothes and he explained what happened.
'He got flight and puppetry using Pete, and then he came after me. I knew I had to get away. I made three clones, made it look from his angle like there were two, and ran. I had made sure I was ejected from a clone, not the other way around, but it had to look realistic.' Playwrite and Tingle confirmed he was the Real Double, not a clone. 'I could sense him destroying two of the clones, and I deactivated them so he'd think they were just clones because thewy dissappeared when he killed them. I kept the one he thought was me active even after it died, so he'd be convinced he got me, but he'll still have stolen the power from it, so now we both have it' After that he fainted, so we hid him in the loos and Cleo's healer stayed to look after him.

Then we heard a mocking voice from outside 'Oh look, the gang's all here. It's a whole Feast of power, that I'll take once you're all too weak to stop me' it was John, floating just out of reach off the edge of the viewing deck. West floated into the air, looking really mad, and I went full forcefield, and we both rammed him. Or should I say tried to ram him. We got just off the edge of the tower and our powers failed. There were screams and a manic laugh as we plummeted, I turned in the air to see John watching us, stopping our powers all the way...
And then Elle and Cleo struck him with Lightning, causing him to cry out in pain, and for me and West to find our Powers working, and got back onto the tower before Joh could concentrate on us again.

'No matter' John smiled at us 'I will simply have to block everyone at once' He looked around at us all, slowly, and this time I noticed: a slight chill passing through me and clutching me, like it was holding my powers in. Everyone looked uncomfortable, and I realized none of us could move. 'Tayla' Cleo yelled, addressing the receptionist 'You have all those old case files from Primatech, can you remember how they dealt with Power Blocking?'
'Um...I'm trying' She replied, frowning as she searched her now much smaller meory to see if the answer was still there. 'Look!' called Precog triumphantly, 'He's starting to sweat!' We all looked at John, and saw it was true. A bead of sweat had appeared on his head, and he was looking angrily at Tayla. 'Quick everyone try and use your powers!' I said, and tried using everything at once. John's head creased with concentration, as he tried to hold back too many powers at once.My forcefield flickered around me, just for a second, and a Daffodil sprung into life at my feet. Precog's and Omni's eyes kept flickering between noraml and solid white, Chan's hand's twitched, West floated up a few inches and Elle started to crackle. The normal members of Techpower had no powers, but were strill stopped from moving, and were fighting that with everything they had. I saw stan's foot inch forwards, and Ali managed to lift her hand a bit. Just as as Tayla cried 'That's it! I remember! They fought him by having lots of people use their abilities at once!, and Playwrite said 'Tempest, he needs to concentrate on each person, it's not a passive thing. If he doesn't know you're there, or isn't concentrating on you, you can still use your abilities!' John cried 'Enough! Gwen, Jorgia, over here!' two girls appeared in the room, one about 20, the other almost exactly like Jorge, but a girl. 'Jorge, you remember the back up warper you created for me, don't you? and meet Gwen, a power booster. She has a weak control of her power, but it should give me enough to stop all of you.' Gwen glowed red, and Touched John, and all our attempts blinked out of existence. 'He still has to concentrate' Playwrite muttered at me, but there was nothing we could do, and everyone was stuck, motionless as John made his way slowly towards Healthbar. 'Ah, my little vampire, I hear we caused quite a change in you. You know, if you give in to the darkness, it gets much easier, and you and I could be so good....'
Then three things happened at once. Tingle said 'She's three years older than you, you sick little boy' Healthbar stuck her Tongue out at John, and Jorgia screamed. John ignored the scream, but most of us could see what had happened and I grinned. John reached towards Healthbar, a evil smile on his face......

And at that moment a Huge T-Rex burst into the tower, from the balcony, Ripping off most of the roof and Roaring at John.

John turned, shocked, and screamed, and we were all released from his grasp. Flowers spread from me like a carpet, with small boulder erupting into being amongst them, a small strom burst out of mee in all directions, and my forcefield came back on. All around people powers were reactivating. Tayla had to sit down, she was getting a headache from a sudden rush of knowledge. Broadcast has accidentally filled the room with 'Don't stop me now' by queen, West was up in the air, both Precog and Omni were trancing, and Elle was crackling with electricity. 'Oh no you don't' said Cleo sharply, as Gwen went to grab John again. Cleo grabbed her, and there was a slight struggle between the two, before Gwen collapsed onto the floor. "What?!'Cleo said, when she saw me looking at her 'She's just unconscious and powerless, don't worry, I know you don't like killing if we can avoid it. You guys are being too much of an influence on me' We both grinned and returned to the fight. Jorgia had created some sort of golem creatures to fight us, summoning people John had under control wouldn't work I guess, because he was in no fit state to control anyone.

Diffy had leapt out of the Dinosaur, still roaring, and landed on John's shoulders. 'You were mean to Damian, you made him hurt Healthy, you hurt Healthy, and you hurt the rest of my friends' Diffy yelled, in a huge rage the likes of which I've never seen from anyone before 'Diffy like Healthy, Me like Damian, Me like Tempest, Me like Cleo, Me like all my friends. You hurt all of them, and now, Diffy get REVENGE!'

This where he did something REALLY cool. He grabbed John's face, and screamed. A cloud of translucent rainbow light enveloped the two of them, an entire world of illusion that only they could see, and pulsing beams of light seemed to travel from Diffy's eyes into John's. John staggered around, eyes locked with Diffy's, screaming at terrors only he could see.

I couldn't see all that happened, ut these are the bits I managed to see while fighting:
It was chaos. Diffy yelling a war cry, John screaming in fear, the two of them in a shining cloud staggering between vile monsters of every description, EH's, and normals, all of whom were fighting. Stan shot a red gargoyle thing dead, only to be pinned down by a sort of bat-snake, which was destroyed by Tingle tapping it on the back, he was struck by lightning from Elle who missed a goblin that was sneaking up on Precog, who had just drawn it coming, and turned and punched it, sending it flying towards me, I sent electric Forcebubbles at it, it was killed but some of my attack brought part of the ceiling in, which nearly hit Cleo, but she sped away from it and rammed into an evil looking centaur, shoving it off the edge of the tower, it pulled Chan with it but he kicked himself free and was saved by West, who was piled on by more Bat-snakes, which were scattered by Tayla whacking them with a chair, several were knocked out by Doolittle, who let out a deafening scream in a sort of monkey language, overloading their bat ears and causing them to fall to the floor. Three were puffed out of existence by Tingle on his way to Jorgia, by this time Jorge had woken up (I don't know who knocked him out) and managed to summon creatures of his own to combat Jorgia, and Playwrite had collapsed holding his head after trying to shut Jorgia down. I fought off as many as I could, and made my way to Jorge, to ask where Damian and John2 were. Just as we were piled on by far too many creatures, and we were being attacked from every angle, All of Jorgia's creatures dissappeared. We looked over to see Ali holding a struggling Jorgia, with Tingle's hand placed firmly on her head. 'She can't warp anything while I'm holding her head' He explained. 'The warping takes place in her mind, and it can't get past my hand into the real world.' John was still screaming, as was Diffy, but everything else had calmed down. Healthbar was going round helping everyone, and me and Jorge went over to Tingle.

'Let me deal with her' Jorge said' looking at Jorgia 'she is my creation, and you can't keep your hand on her forever, but killing her would be like killing part of myself, she is, after all, like the twin I never had.' I could see that, unlike Double, he felt attached to this lookalike he'd created, he couldn't just cast her away like one of Double's clones. "I'll absorb her back into myself' he said, sadly looking down at her. We agreed. 'But Tempest, you must go and save Damian. By now it will be too late. I can give you half an hour, but it's all I can spare, dealing with Jorgia will take a lot out of me. You can't be here then, because you were over there' he points to where I was trapped with everyone else earlier 'And you being over here aswell would cause SO many problems, so I'm sorry about this.' And he waves his hand over me, like he's trying to paint a rainbow over my head, and then thrusts his palm towards me, like he's pushing me, and I feel myself flying backwards off the edge of the tower. Why did I say we should meet on a platform really high above the ground? Playwrite looks at me on the way past, I can tell he knows what's going on, but he just gives me one thing: a location. He found out where Damian is. Then I'm off the edge and falling to my Doom, while a tingle sensation covers me and I hear a wooshing noise. I stop falling by making a Forcefield, and trust that Jorge had a plan. I realize that everyone on the ground is walking backwards, cars reverse up the streets, and the dinosaur puts the roof back on the observation deck, climbs down the tower a bit, and dissappears. I run back through what Jorge said and suddenly understood. He's sending me back in time. The fight took too long for Damian to cope against a super powered John, getting there earlier is his only hope. When everything starts moving forward again, I fly off. I realize Jorge teleported me nearer to Damian, and smile. That guy's incredible. I was nearly there, and I could see them, John looked like he was gloating, and I could see Pete! I'd finally found him! He was being controlled by John2, reaching out for Damian, who was on the floor. I sped up, charging my FF with everything I could think of. Lightning, Ice, Fire you name it. Anything I could create. I had to get my freinds out alive, I just had to.

SLAM! I collided with John, and broke him. Literally. Mostly his neck ut he was in a very bad way everywhere else. I land and go to help Damian up, but John stands up, making clicking noises, but fine. He HEALED. I was shocked, but there was no time. I went for Pete, but he was being pulled towards John. I unleashed Forcebubbles, infused in various ways, Red Fire ones, White Ice ones, Blue Lightning ones, Water filled ones, Pollen filled ones, sand filled ones, I give him every bizzare creation I've ever made by combing my other powers with forcefields. I shoot rocks at him too, and a strom flies around us. John splutters, cast back by the deluge, and starts to glow. I remember him at the base, and put Damian and Pete in Forcefields. John explodes, and I use the blast to slingshot us back towards the Tower. We're all in one bubble, and we can see the Eiffel Tower in the distance. As we get closer, I can just make out a tiny figure in the distance being thrown off, making a purple bubble, an being warped out of existence. I fly us back to the top, and see that things are very wrong. Jorge is crouching on the floor, cringing. Jorgia is standing over him grinng. ' I'm your equal fool, not some inferior pet that you can just get rid of again.' Everyone is held back by a group of monsters, they're all badly injured, Healthbar's trapped by a cage, and I can hear pounding on the loo door as Cleo's healer (I forgot his name, sorry!) trys to get out, but no one can be healed and help! John3 is curled up in a corner, quivering, and Diffy is lying on the floor, unconcious. He looks nearly dead. I try to help Jorge, but a force stops me reaching them, so I take Diffy and blast the loo door open. 'Help him' I say, laying him in the healer's (Dan?) hands, and turned to help the others. The monsters nearest, guarding a weak Doolittle, come after me, and I saw her sneak off to Playwrite. We engage in battle for a bit, Damian destroys the cage Healthbar's in and then passes out, Healthbar goes to help people, and Fight against Jorgia gets a bit better, but not for long. Eventually we all get pinned by creatures, or collapse to the floor, or get trapped again by Jorgia. Then I see Playwrite looking concerned, and hear Doolittle say 'Go on, we need to do this. Help me boost my memory of John's command!' He looks wary, but concentrates on her for a moment, and she stands up, turning to face Jorgia with a new look on her face. Triumph. 'STOP!' She bellows, mimicking John's voice exactly, with a bit of how my voice sounds when I use Persuasion thrown in. It isn't Persuasion or Brain control, but the sound is similar enough to cause Jorgia to falter, and all her creatures wink out of existence. 'NOW RELEASE JORGE' She commands, her face strained from maintaing a voice no human should ever have. Jorgia lets Jorge go, and then turns to face Doolittle. 'You' she breathes, glaring 'I should have known. The mouthy one. I'm going to kill you first, and then all your......' There was a thud, and she fell to the floor. Behind her stood Tayla, with another broken chair. 'Can I be a field agent now? ' she asks Cleo, pleading.

Cleo offered Techpower as a good resting spot, they actually have enough beds for everyone, and we took everybody back there. I kept John3 in a Forcefield, guarded by a newly healed Diffy, I've seen anyone so scared as John3 was! I don't know what Diffy showed him, but it was effective. John3 kept muttering 'What have I done?' and 'It used to be so fun' so maybe the real John's still in there, and is horrified of what he did, I don't know. We went to grab Jorgia, but she had vanished.

Precog and Omni wanted to discuss some stuff with me and Cleo, so we went outside to give those still recovering some peace (It can take a while to heal lots of people, it's exhausting for the healer, and extreme healings can leave you with a bit of a hangover) Precog was worried that now that Damian was at TP Co, His drawing would come true soon, and because Jorgia and Jorge gave of the same signal, it might be her in the drawing, he'd assumed it was the boy because he only knew of Jorge at the time, but the boy might be someone else. Omni said she'd had a similar vision, but she couldn't make out the identity of the boy. We went back in in time to see Damian wake up, and then vanish, leaving us a note about needing to get to school. 'I could've made sure he got there on time' Jorge muttered, and we asked him to go tell Damian about the Precognitions. He left, and now we're waiting at the TP Co, for him to get back and Deal with John3, as is his right.

Sorry this took so long to write, I've been interrupted constantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment