Wednesday 8 April 2009

Two old friends, and a Power-ful discovery, part two.

So, there we are, at the VHS shop, our base, having just re-incarnated Aron, rushing downstairs to find someone that looks like a particularly rich, Arabian slave boy, asking for Cleo (He knew her name) and fainting. I noticed Damian had vanished, and saw him just outside with Aron, chatting and pointing at a wall. 'His name's Justin' said Playwrite, kneeling to turn him onto his back. I thought about Cleo's story of those two people she rescued from that plane. 'I know who he is' I said, and we brought him upstairs to one of the beds. Playwrite and Healthbar woke him up, and he explained why he was here.

'I still regret agreeing with Danko and his men to bring in Cleo' he said, lying on the bed. 'We should have just fled, but I was scared, you know? Anyway, when Cleo escaped, rather brilliantly I might add, they took us in instead. Well they tried. What Cleo never knew was, I can turn myself into smoke, not just create it. I was up and away before they could touch me, carried up on a breeze. I can't travel very far like that, the wind could blow me apart, I have to hold myself together, but I got a few miles before I had to land. I had to think of somewhere to hide, and somewhere to stay safe. I knew from her Blog that Cleo had a friend in England, Tempest, because I kept reading it whenever I could. She kept moving around, an I knew on my own I couldn't convince her, but Tempest seemed to stay aroung his Cambridge, so I decided to get to him. I had no money when I escaped them, and I couldn't get on a plane anyway, I'd be spotted, So I had to find someone to smuggle me across. I stole this Arabian slave costume, and some jewellry to posh it up a bit, and one of those old Arabian lamps, like Alladin's, and then turned into smoke and went into the lamp after leaving it on a stall at the antique market. I was fine as smoke inside, there was no wid to fight with. I was bought about a week later (I don't need food or drink in smoke form, I feed off the air) by a nice man who wanted to give the lamp to a collector friend of his for his birthday. When we were alone, I appeared to him, and convinced him I was a Genie, and told him that once I was re--united with my ring of power in england, I could grant him three wishes. He agreed straight away to bring me over here, I led him to cambridge and then escaped. I knew what look for as your base, because I'd read it on your blog. I was running like mad, using smoke to keep me hidden, and I only just made it here before I ran out of strength.'

We stared. Playwrite went off to find the man with the lamp, once Justin described him, and convince him to forget about the genie, and we were about to get in touch with Cleo, when she and Linda appeared in the room, Linda having Teleported them. Cleo said she wanted my help and there was a situation at Techpower, and then she saw Justin. It was all we could do to stop her killing him. I got her to leave him, and take me to TP, and tried to explain Justin's story. I'll let Cleo explain what happened there, but I told her I needed to get back, so once it had calmed down a bit, Linda took me back to my base. By Teleporting. I'm getting used to it now, but I still feel a bit weird when it happens.

I got back to find chaos. There was fire, twisted creatures like the ones at the Eiffel tower, lava, a large pit in the middle of the floor, and Justin, Diffy and Shockwave in a heated battle with Jorgia, who was screaming 'WHERE IS JORGE? BRING HIM TO ME!!!' Doolittle surged through the main entrance, followed by many animal, all of whom were snarling, Tingle was destroying the warp monsters as fast as he could, Precog was waving paper madly, yelling 'Tingle! Slap her on the head! I've drawn you slapping her on the Head!' Broadcast was doing what I assume was psychological warfare, Making a bubble of noise around Jorgia, Freezeframe was unconscious, as were Double and Pete. We stared, and Linda move forward to help, and Jorgia saw her, said 'You! You've met my brother, well it's not happening to me too!' and Linda burst into flames, screamed, and disappeared. 'She'll be fine!' Tingle shouted above the noise. 'All her powers were working and she was teleported back home.' I entered the fray, Just as Playwrite walked back into the base, asking why he'd seen Doolittle gathering her crew together so urgently, buy she'd been thinking in Cat, meaning he couldn't understand her, when he was thrown against a wall by a gremlin, and knocked out. 'No!' I yelled, in shock. He's one of our strongest resistances against warpers, and she got him so easily! I knew the passive ability he'd set up on all of us meaning we were unreadable by other Telepaths would still work even if he was unconcious, so she couldn't read us, only he can, but still, he can fight her properly! I had just solidified her lava pool with a burst of rain and filled the pit with earth, when everyone was thrown back from a blast shot outwards from her. Me and Justin were the only ones able to get up again, I had a Forcefield and he'd turned to smoke to avoid the damage, when a bright light came from the staircase leading upstairs. 'You friend Healthbar? said she had to be alone for abit to check what state her power was in or something? said Justin to me, as all three of us looked at the stairs. 'What? what does she need to check about healing?' I asked 'Did she take energy from anyone Justin? She a bit ill at the moment, and she may have needed to check her Vampirism...'

'Oh, I'm not ill at the moment, Tempest, but thanks for your concern. It's good to know you guys really care.' Came Healthbar's voice from the stairs. Jorgia's eyes widened, then she laughed 'The healer? Oh, I'm scared now. Please don't suck me dry, Oh great one, I fear you may come out worse' she laughed again, grinning. 'Jorgia? That freak girl of John's from the the Eiffel Tower battle? I wondered what the comotion was, and I came to check. My power fully activated because I was worried about you guys, but if It's just her...' She reached the bottom of the stairs, and looked at the destruction, and at everyone lying slumped against the walls. She was glowing slightly, a warm, white light that made everything just that bit brighter, and as it shone on our friends, I saw them start to stir, and blink, cuts slowly repairing all over them. She was healing everybody with her light, without touching them! She stared around at the chaos, and then glared at Jorgia. 'What have you done? Why? You'll regret this. STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS YOU EVIL WARPING BITCH!' Her light intensified, You could only just make out her features behing the almost blinding light. She upped her hans together, seeming to gather some of the light together, and then thrust her cupped hands towards Jorgia, a bean of powerful, shining light shooting from her hands and striking Jorgia in the chest and slamming to the floor. Everyone gasped, there wounds completly healed, and then cheered, as Jorgia stood up, the hole in her chest healing quickly, and faced Healthbar. 'So, the girl with the magic hands can fight, she muttered, wincing from healing her own chest. This about to get fun.'

The two girls stood, in the middle of the room, a few metres apart, glaring at each other. 'Tempest, everyone, it's time I told you the truth.'said Healthbar, smiling apologetically. 'My power isn't just Healing, it's so, so much more.' She grinned, and floated into the air, filling the room with even more light, as She and Jorgia began to fight once more.

Part three coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment