Tuesday 7 April 2009

Two old friends, and a Power-ful discovery, part one.

Last night and this morning have been INSANE.

First of all, I flew (We are NOT being Teleported) my team back to base once Cleo had returned to TP Co. We promised to still be involved, and to drop in and help, and told everyone they were welcome at our base anytime, but we had to sort some stuff out together first. It's been too long since we had any group time, we wanted to see our families, and I had to make sure everyone was really ok. I asked everyone to look out for Damian, because Healthbar wanted him, and to send them over if they saw him. We headed home, and collected Healthbar from her parent's house, they said they'd look after Shifter until we were finished. Then I called Damian, he had turned up at TP, and I could hear Cleo and Stan telling him to come here aswell. He gave in, still wanting to be alone, but knew we wouldn't give up until he saw what we wanted. He teleported in, and Me and Healthbar took him to one of the more private rooms, I had a suspicion what was going on, and I didn't think it was the kind of thing that's easy to do in a room full of people.

We left the others chatting and checking equipment, and went upstairs. 'What's this about then?' sighed Damian, wanting to leave. John's really changed him, he used to be so excited. 'Kneel' said Healthbar 'It will be more comfortable, as you might fall if your standing up' 'Always an encouraging statement' said Damian, but he knelt down next to Healthbar. She placed her hands on his head, and concentrated. 'We've been meaning to do this for a while now, remember?' she said, and then gasped, just as Damian did the same. Her hands glowed bright white, almost blindingly, and Damian's head started to glow too.He started to scream as a bright, shiny, silverly liquid seeped out of his pores, and poured out of his ears. I gathered it in a forcefield bowl, and it swirled and rippled, almost as if it was alive. He continued to sweat silver as Healthbar groaned 'Not really enough...residual matter....to repair him......fully, but his mind....is still there....and I can give him....what he needs...' What can you give him? Will it drain you? This is an experiment, if it means giving up your life I forbid you to do it! I know what you're trying but please, don't kill yourself in the process!' I didn't know what to do, none of my powers could help, I was just staring. 'Don't...worry' Healthbar muttered 'I can ....give him lifeforce...of his own...not mine or Damian's....especially since John unlocked......nothing. Just...don't worry.' 'What do you mean?' I asked desperately 'if your not giving your own lifeforce, or Damian's, and I can't feel mine weakening, how can you give him enough lifeforce to survive?' "Just...trust me' she said, and as the last of the metal left Damian, she wrenched her hands from him, and collapsed on the floor, panting. Damian fell backwards, gasping, and slowly twisted into a sitting position, clutching his head. 'Ow' he muttered. 'I thought you were supposed to make people feel better? My head is killing me, what was that?'

'It was gross, that's what. Damian mate, do you have any idea what the inside of your ear looks like? Eew.' said a small, but definate voice. Damian spun round to see a small, metal figure lying down beside him. It was a tiny metal Aron. And it was alive. 'Bloody hell!' said Damian, and grinned widely, grabbing tiny Aron and bringing him up to his face. 'Careful!' cried Aron. 'You said you'd try, all that time ago, but I'd never really thought it could work, and I'd given up hope...'
'I'd noticed, remember, I've been in your head!' said Aron.
'I must say, I'm a little surprised it worked this well' I said, looking in awe at Healthbar.
'This well? I'm tiny! But true, I am alive, sort of' said Aron thoughtfully.
'Yeah, we thought you'd end up a talking metal pebble or something, the most we hoped for was you to be separate from Damian and still have your mind, but to repair your body shape, and give you movement?' I wondered.
'Told you' said Healthbar, getting her breath back, standing up, and waving a hand over Damian's head, causing him to stop clutching his head 'I gave him his own lifeforce, so he can be a proper separate being, not just a voice in a rock'
'Ok, firstly, How? and secondly, did you really just heal Damian's headache by waing over his head? Without even touching his head?' I said.
'Just be glad I did, and yes. Come on, let's tell the others.' She replied smugly, leading the way downstairs.

We went to follw, and heard Doolittle scream, Tingle splutter 'I say, what the hell are you doing?!' and Diffy yell. We looked at each other, Damianpicked up Aron, TFP'ed a brest pocket onto his shirt and slotted him into it, and we rushed downstairs. Precog met us on the stairs, and told us 'He wants to know where Auriss is!' ( We still use your codenames when talking about you if someone else is around, or if you're not with us) and we dashed down to see a 20 something boy, in a turban, baggy shorts and pointed, arabian style slippers, barechested but wearing bangles and a few big necklaces. Smoke was venting from him, blocking most of the room from view. 'You must be Tempest.' He said, looking at me as we came off the stairs "I need your help, and I need to speak to Cleo, urgently. Please....' and he fainted.

Part two on it's way.

No comments:

Post a Comment