Saturday 11 April 2009

Pete - Back in action

I got another power today.

Cleo summoned Playwrite and Pete today, Playwrite and Healthbar met up with Damian, and tried to remove the scar on his wrist, and Tingle went to look over Cleo and Linda's plans, he's a great tactician, while I took Pete for a walk, to check he was ok, and see if he was ready to be part of something this big. We were a few blocks away from B26, and we heard frantic footsteps, panting, and a whooshing noise.

A young man shot round the corner, panting, with a strange purple/black ball in his left hand, which was causing quite a gale, and sucking in rubbish from the alley we were in. He stopped when he saw us, and stared. 'Help me, please. I know this looks strange, but I can explain, and...Oh, you're..special too' He stared, as I smiled at him, daffodils sprouting around us and a small raincloud making a puddle near the corner he'd come from. 'We can help, don't worry, now what happened?' I said, making a Forcefield around us and lifting us into the air. 'I escaped them' He said, staring around him at our flight. 'I was running from them about a week ago, I knew to be careful because my cousin Stephen had gone on about people like this, and then he completely disappeared! So I know that when these people turn up at my door asking to talk to me, This is it, you know? It's them. So I try to run, but they caught me. I woke up twenty minutes ago in that building over there.' He pointed at B26. 'I made a hole in the wall with my ability, and ran. Now I've found you, I feel like this is something huge, not just a few people getting kidnapped, you're fighting them, aren't you?'

We had stopped above the alley, and the agents had just entered it, having found which one the escapee had fled to. They looked puzzled at the small group of daffodils, on their own, in the middle of an alley, and they slowed as they approached them, passing under the small raincloud...

I swept us down, just over their heads, and froze the rain and puddle as we passed. As they turned to see what had rushed over them, they froze, encased in Ice, their feet frozen to the floor, their faces stuck looking upwards, slightly puzzled. 'They'll defrost eventually,' I said, looking at the shocked faces around me 'I don't want to kill them' 'You've really been training while I was away' said Pete, slightly awed. I grinned, but he made me feel a bit self conscious. He always had, the way he always looked up to me, just because I saved him. But it was great to have him back.

We landed a few streets away, and asked our friend, who said he was called Kevin, what he wanted to do next. He wanted to be normal, and said he agreed with his cousin about not wanting this ability. What were we to do? 'We can help with that.' I said, smiling comfortingly at him. 'You have to be certain you don't want it. Are you sure you want to be normal, forever?' 'Get it out of me, I want it gone' Kevin said, looking nervous.

Pete grabbed both of us by the hands. 'One transfer, coming up' he said, and his eyes glowed bright red as the energy passed through him. That's always creepy. No matter what he's using his power on, The energy of his power is red, and it lights him up. Cool though. Anyway, Kevin breathed in suddenly, like he was hyperventilating, and his hands crackled with the purple/black energy, which faded, and appeared on my body. Pete's arms and hands glowed with a slightly red aura as the transfer completed, and a Vortex of whirling energy appeared high in the air before me, sucking up chunks of concrete, rubbish, an entire dustbin, and most of a wooden crate abandoned in the empty street we were in. We were protected by me and Kevin both having partial control of the vortex, and then as Kevin winced and clutched his chest with his free hand, the vortex intensified, and then closed in on itself as I shut it down, before falling from Pete's grip and landing on ruined pavement, while Kevin did the same thing on Pete's other side. 'What happened?' asked Kevin, getting to his feet, as we heard more footsteps and a yell of 'I'm telling you, I heard that wind again and saw one of those black ball things! Down here!'

'We cured you' I said, opening my fist and creating a tiny vortex in the palm of my hand. 'Now go, that's more agents on their way. Let them catch you, and test you for abilities. You no longer have one, you have nothing to fear from them anymore' 'That's right' Pete said, grinning at him 'They use a machine that the senator guy got from his dad's old company, I think he said, to scan your brain to detect anomalies, or something like that. He said 'Suresh' made it. They tested me. 'You'll be fine'

'Thanks'Kevin said to us, looking almost giddy at the idea of being normal. 'I'll hold them off while you get away' He paused to watch us rise into the air, and then strode confidently towards the agents that were now approaching, holding his head high.

No comments:

Post a Comment