Saturday 25 April 2009

DC: The Aftermath

So, Cleo carried us all back to TP, an impressive act for which we are all very grateful I might add, and Stan got us all up and running again, starting with Healthbar, he got her able to walk and went off to heal others, while she walked to the window and let a beam of sunlight regenerate her the rest of the way. They healed the rest of us, and then Stan left us alone, to recover mentally and just have a bit of a chat. He realized we'd been through quite a lot, and needed to sort ourselves out.Precog was checking his pictures, he thought he'd lost one, and he was talking really fast to someone on the phone, everyone was gathering themselves together, chatting quietly, but I noticed Lily sitting it a corner, exploding and reforming a ball she'd taken out of her pocket. 'Helps me think' she said quietly, when she saw me coming over.

I crouched down, giving my cousin a comforting hug, and she looked at me, scared. 'That's not what Tildy saw' she whispered 'He wasn't who I was sent to warn you about. I've never met him before, you saw how he treated me, just cut me down, he didn't even look at me.' I gave her a comforting look, and saw her nose was back to normal. I looked up as I heard footsteps, and saw Playwrite had come towards us, staying back a bit out of respect for Lily. He raised his eyebrows at me, and mouthed 'We are not alone. Cleo's wondering who she is.' He pointed at Lily, smiled at her, and when she looked down at her ball, he mouthed again. 'Who IS she anyway?' and shrugged, heading back to Damian, who was being shown a picture by Precog, and looked worried. 'Go on' I said to Lily, and she looked up at me. 'Say what you were going to say about Tildy's vision' she nodded, and put the ball away.

'I had to warn you about HIM. You know who I mean. Death's been around for ages, causing trouble, I caught up on Auriss's blog about his antics, HE has been hiding away since, you know...that time we came to stay. A few years ago. Before the whole government kidnapping, teaming up with new pals, multi-power, world travelling thing. When it was simple. just us, your friend Precog, experimenting with our new found skills. Remember? Well he's coming back. Worse than ever before. Nan put him away before us, and you know what it cost her. He came back, and we destroyed him. But he's returning. With a partner. His sister, Tildy thinks. If he isn't stopped, everyone like us, with abilities, will be in grave danger. There could be all out war, maybe just a slaughter. All the normal people out there, the ones without abilities, they're doomed. We have a chance, we might be able to fight him. They're all lost. If he wins. We have to stop him, no matter what.'

She stood up, and prepared to leave. 'Wait!' called Precog, coming over and giving her three bits of paper. 'Can you see what Tildy thinks of these? Last time we met, she was very good at visions, and she helped me improve my ability, but I can't find out anymore about these.' He gave them to her, and started explaining what he'd gathered from them and what he understood about it, and pointed out something in particular on one of them, while I checked everyone else felt ok, and I saw Lily head upstairs, and Precog came back over to me.

''I've been on the phone to Diffy' he said 'Playwrite gave me some disturbing news from Death's head, and combined with this drawing, we really need to talk. Cleo killed Death, he's gone, and he has no clones, I think, but he's still a danger to us. We now know what exactly Death was after, and why some of you got marked. That Helix means something, and while you three still have it scarred on to you, we still have a serious problem. Diffy hid yours, but he can't do that while he's so far away, and he's tried, he can't replicate it. He has to concentrate to make it, and it keeps fading. His illusion can't cope. You can't keep it up by thinking, he has no way of making one last, Healthbar can't heal them, neither can Stan, she has one on her wrist now, and me and Playwrite have worked out what he uses them for.' He looked at the scar on my wrist that Death had installed on me, then grabbed his arm in the same place. His hand glowed orangey-gold, as he used his new imprinting ability, and took his hand away to reveal a perfect replica of the black helix on his own arm.' We have a plan......'

A few hours later, we set off for home, to reunite with the others, and have a proper rest. We're at the old VHS shop now.

No comments:

Post a Comment