Sunday 5 April 2009

An appointment with Death

So, as you'll know if you read Cleo's blog, me, Cleo, and Shifter were all watching over Damian, we needed him to come back to base to deal with John3, when I spot a really creepy man walking towards me down the street. He looked like voldermort or something, he was freaky. He sounded like the description of Death Cleo had told me about, and he confirmed this when he noticed me staring by turning to glance at a man walking past him the other way, he clenched his fist at him, and the man clutched his heart, gasped, and fell over! He had a heart attack and died just like that! I ran as fast as I could to tell the others, I shot a stream of my lightning Forcebubbles at him, Cleo tried too (We've been working on her Forcefields, but she could only make one and it didn't go very far) and Damian and Shifter gave it everything they had, but before we really got a chance at him he'd caught us like Cleo's team before. Cleo explained what happened before the escape, so check her blog for details, and I'll cut to where we split up.

Me and Damian were running in one direction, Cleo and Shifter in another. the tracker came after us, and we dashed behind a rock to hide. 'Hang on' Damian said. 'Cleo telepathed us these guys details, he's a tracker, he can't actually do anything to us now, he'll already know we're behind this rock, but that's it.' 'Precisely' I grinned, grabbing his arm. 'But we need to trap him, and see if he's under control, or just an evil weirdo. He tracks, right? Teleport us to behind a bunch of different rocks, really quickly, all around him.' Damian looked quickly around at the other rocks in the area, and then closed his eyes. There was a flash of light, and we 'hopped' (Does that make sense?) to another rock.

Teleporting is...weird. I can understand if your used to it and in control, it's very useful, but 'hopping' several times a second makes you really, really, ill. After about five seconds, in which we'd moved thirty odd times, (Counting the flashes distracts you from feeling ill) we stopped and looked over the rock we'd ended at, to see the tracker kid spinning quickly, turning round to look at all the rocks, clutching his head. He stopped in line with us, looked up, muttered 'Ha! Found you...' and collapsed on the floor. There is a lot to be said for exploiting power weaknesses, it makes fights much easier. I had to go off for a minute to be sick, but then I held him in a forcefield, and made ones for Damian and me, and flew us after Death, who had lost interest in us and gone after Cleo and Shifter. We saw Cleo and Death having an arguement as they ran, read her blog for details, and we were rushing towards them when Cleo was vanished by Death's sender. We landed behind Death as he said to Shifter 'Now, girl, you're going to regret those claws!' and we hit him. Yeah, I know, stupid, but we had to try. I gave him a personal storm, surrounding him and blasting him with the forces of nature, Damian froze him feet in place, impressive in that heat, and then we looked at each other, and had exactly the same idea. I made the toughest, largest rock I could on one side of him, Damian did the same on the other, and we slammed them together. Two full force earth power rocks, instead of two half power rocks, made by one person. There were crunching sounds, and a scream. Then the rocks fell apart. He'd gouged gaps in them so he survived! I don't know what he did, but there was a big hole in each rock where his torso had been. His legs were crushed, but he was alive. He was stuck, lying on the floor, and I saw him start to concentrate on us, about to kill us with his power. I feared the worst at that point, knowing nothing could block that evil force....

........And then an elephant stood on him.
We looked at Shifter, trumpeting angrily, as she stamped on him repeatedly. He let out a final groan,and collapsed. Shifter turned back into a girl, and we all thanked each other and prepared to leave. Damian offered to teleport us back to Cambridge, because I had taken Healthbar back to see her family, and explain what was going on, and we needed to collect her, and we wanted her to look at a gash on shifter's leg. I was dubious, but Damian promised this would be more gentle, and a bit slower, so I agreed. We all stood up to go, and me and Shifter held on to Damian, and I held on to the tracker, and Damian teleported us. As we left, I took one last look at the man we called Death, and sighed.

Then he looked up at me, smiling. For the first time, I saw his eyes clearly. His shiny, glassy, Bronze eyes.

'Oh no. Oh God no.' I thought, aswell as 'Nope, still don't like teleporting!'

Now Damian destroying John3 is more important than ever. Not just to cure Healthbar, but to stop all this. For good.

We got to cambridge, I didn't feel so bad this time but a bit woozy, and Healthbar patched up Shifter. Healthbar wanted to stay a bit longer, hang out with her parents and little sister, I thought it might be good for her, help her fight the darkness, and she deserved it, so we agreed. We left Shifter with her to have a 'sleepover' because she didn't want to move for a while, needed some time to just calm down, and she and Healthbar have been getting on very well, so she wanted to see Cambridge. I promised I'd visit again soon, she wanted Damian to come back with me, we agreed, and I told her to use one of our safehouses for her, Shifter, and her family if the government came calling, and told her the location of the nearest one, but that they should be safe, because since we haven't broken in to B26 for a while, they seem to have forgotten us. Danko's group only came over because we kept fighting them, they can't technically do anything over here, I'd been fighting them since I heard about it.

So we went back to base (More Teleporting!) and we collapsed exhausted, too tired to tell everyone what happened. We heard something with a ghost had been happening, most of my team are still staying there since the John fight, so I managed to see Playwrite concentrating, say 'Ok, I think I've found how to block your power' and a girl slowly fade into existence in front of him, and then I fell asleep.

I woke three hours later, filled everybody in on what happened, learnt about viv and maddie, and then came and did this, so here I am. Maddie disappeared again, Playwrite couldn't block her power for long, but she's still here somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment